10 Things to Know about Kauai
Did you know these 10 THINGS about Kauai?
1. Kauai is 2 milion years older than Oahu? The island of Kauai is 6 million years old, but she aged beautifully.
2. You can find a "mini Grand Canyon" in Kauai - Waimea Canyon. Waimea means "reddish water".
3. There is a Disc Golf Course (18 holes to play frisbee golf) - In October there will be a State Championship
4. When flying into Lihue airport, the best views are from the left side of the plane - you are welcome :)
5. The Botanical Garden has a free hula show on Thursday - did anyone say FREE?
6. The largest coffee farm of the United States is on Kauai and they let you plant a tree!
7. 80% of the island is inaccessible by car so taking an air tour is a must-do.
8. You can zip the longest zip line in he state of Hawaii -weeeeee!
9. You can go tubing on the Wailua river - but book this excursion in advance as it's one of the most popular things to do!
10. You can take a shelter dog on a field trip and easily adopt the pooch!
Which little Kauai fact did you not know about?
Which one is your favorite? Mine is number 10! How cool is that??