Golfing in Australia
Updated: Mar 1
If you are a golfer dreaming of hitting the greens in different parts of the world and Australia is on your bucket list? Perhaps these little tidbits of useful info can help you!
Here are 10 THINGS you didn’t know about golfing in Australia:
1. The world-renowned Melbourne Sandbelt Region has 8 of Australia’s best courses, making it a must-visit area for golf enthusiasts.
2. The Professional Golfers Association of Australia (PGA) is the second oldest PGA in the world. It was founded in 1911.
3. In most cases, you will be required to submit your handicapin order to book your reservation. If you don’t have one, this should be noted in the reservation.
4. Many of the golf clubs do not use golf carts to cover the course. If you have difficulty walking, you will have to indicate this in advance and see if a reservation for a cart rental can be made. Some clubs will require a medical note to rent a cart.
5. Hamilton Island Golf Club is the only championship golf course that is located on its own island. It is also right by The Great Barrier Reef, which makes it a real tropical experience as well.
6. Barnbougle Lost Farm on the island of Tasmania gives you the opportunity to play unconventional 20 holes set in dramatic sand dunes overlooking the ocean. A truly unique setting for a round of golf.
7. Some clubs will require you to present an invitational letter from your home golf club in order to play on the greens of the club in Australia.
8. The number #1 golf course in Australia is located in the state of Victoria. The Royal Melbourne Golf Club requires caddies for all visitors.
9. In Coober Peddy (Southern Australia), you can play at Opal Fields Golf Club without seeing one single blade of grass. Any opal you find on the course in the desert flats of the Australian outback, is yours to keep.
10. And believe it or not, famous St. Andrews has given reciprocal playing rights to this afore-mentioned remote and quirky Australian golf club. In return, they received the rights to an opal mine!
If you are looking for assistance in planning and booking your golf adventure Down Under, please send us an email at email@example.com to see if we can assist you in with your booking.